July 31, 2014

Walker on concealed carry, threats, Dems job plan

Governor Scott Walker – while in Racine for another of his business forums – addressed issues ranging from concealed carry to the latest jobs plan by Democrats.

On the filing of paperwork by a Muskego man to launch a recall effort, Walker said he has not started any campaign fundraising because of it. Democrats had claimed the first recall Walker group to file with the state was a Republican ploy allowing the Governor to start drumming up cash.

“We had nothing to do (with it) nor did our campaign or the party. Our efforts will start on the 15th just as we planned they would all along,” said Walker.

On concealed carry he said lawmakers taking away a four-hour training requirement doesn’t eliminate the need for some level of training.

AUDIO: Walker on concealed carry rule changes (:26)

As for the reported internet threat against him, Walker said it’s not stopping him from doing his job, though it’s being taken seriously noting others in the past. 

AUDIO: Walker on response to threat (:22)

The Governor said he hasn’t looked at the package of bills put forth last week by Democrats, having only heard about it in the press, despite meeting with Minority leadership every week. He is open to any ideas put forth. “But usually if you’re serious about bringing something up you bring it up before the last days of the special session.”

As for his job forums, Governor Walker said they’ve been very positive, confirming many of the changes made are helping, but they also point to other problems his administration can address.

Tom Karkow-WRJN