The Wisconsin Timber Rattlers broke ground on Wednesday for a $5.5 million expansion project at Fox Cities Stadium in Grand Chute.
The major addition to the stadium will be a second level behind home plate that is to include six suites and a club level with seating for 250. The new club level will be available to groups and individual fans during games. Additionally, the club level will double as banquet space during non-baseball events and may be used all year.
The renovations will also include:
- An expanded team store that will double the size of the current store
- Expansion of two concession stands
- Additional restrooms that will double the number currently available
- An expanded customer service center
- A larger administrative office
- An improved home clubhouse that will include a new player lounge, a new meeting area, and expansions to the weight room, the training room and coaches offices
- Additional storage areas for team, food and beverage, and merchandise
- Replacing the current cement block facade of the stadium
The Timber Rattlers became the Midwest League affiliate of the Milwaukee Brewers since 2009. Since that time, attendance at Fox Cities Stadium has risen by 25%.
The Timber Rattlers made the Midwest League Playoffs. Once they’re done playing, construction will start about 1 week later.