November 28, 2014

Racine fire 911 audio released (AUDIO)

A candle burning in the bathroom is being listed as the cause of a fire in Racine last week that killed three children and left a fourth fighting for his life. The home had no electricity at the time of the fire that killed 8 year-old Dalija, 9 year-old Dayja and 7 year-old Michael Scott. The children’s mother, Deborah Scott and her fiance, 29 year-old Lemont Siller were injured in the fire, along with two police officers and four firefighters.

AUDIO: 911 call (4:30)

A recording of the frantic 911 call made by Deborah Scott, after being unable to reach her children and pleading for their rescue, has been released. Scott can be heard telling the dispatcher that her children are still inside the burning home. The dispatcher works to keep Scott calm so she can get vital information for the firefighters. Just a few minutes into the call, sirens can be heard in the background as the first units arrive on the scene. The three children will be laid to rest later this week.

Janet Hoff, WRJN