An 81-year-old Milwaukee man claims he suffered 2nd and 3rd degree burns on his hands, chest, and neck after his Brut aftershave ignited while he was trying to light a campfire.
Knud Hanson, who owns a perfume shop in Madison, says he smells something fishy about the guy's story. He thinks it would be almost impossible for an aftershave to catch fire, unless a person lit a match and held it directly up to their face. However, he wonders "who in God's name would do that?"
Hanson has been in the perfume business for over 50 years.
The burn victim has filed a lawsuit in US District court against the makers of Brut cologne. He's also suing Wal-Mart, where he purchased the aftershave and other Brut products.
WIBA's Robin Colbert contributed this report.