It may be the most wonderful time of the year, but if you’re not careful, your festivities could go up in smoke. One of the main causes of home fires stems from the use – or misuse – of candles, according to the City of Sheboygan’s Chief Fire Inspector Robert Kocmoud.
And candle use is even more prevalent during this time of year. “We light a lot of candles during the Holidays, and we have to make sure those are properly put out . . . when you’re done,” says Kocmoud, adding that too often it’s the inattentive use of candles that causes the most problems. His advice: blow out the candle if you’re leaving the room.
John Julitz, WHBL