Two Rock County teens have been arrested in connection with a fatal prescription drug overdose.
A 13-year-old boy and 14-year-old girl, both from Edgerton, are now in juvenile detention after a toxicology report showed 13-year-old Alex Aiken from the town of Milton did die last month as a result of an overdose of Oxycontin.
Aiken’s mother, Jenny Bethel, says she is relieved and hopes for some sort of punishment. She says they should be at least taught a lesson.
Authorities have confirmed that one of the kids did get the pills from a relative. Bethel says he took the drug with Alex that Monday night, and after she found her son dead on February 9th, the 13-year-old was hospitalized for “not feeling well.”
Meanwhile, Bethel continues to push her message for parents. She says they need to wake up and realize this could happen to them as well, even if their kid only takes one pill.
The two teens are expected in court tomorrow.
AUDIO: Chandra Lynn reports (1:01)