Tragedy Tuesday morning in suburban Dane County, where one person has died and two people were seriously injured in a home explosion. At least a one-block area in Sun Prairie, northeast of Madison, was evacuated following the blast, which was believed to be linked to a natural gas leak.
Several neighbors told Madison’s NBC15 News that the force of the blast shattered windows on nearby homes. Witnesses also told NBC15 that police officers went door-to-door evacuating nearby homes.
Residents were sent to Sunshine Place at 18 Rickel Road as well as Westside Elementary School, but because natural gas in the area was shut off, this also affected the school. Classes have since been cancelled at the school.