A large apartment complex fire in the Village of Allouez has caused injuries to three firefighters, but all the residents at home at the time were able to make it out safely from the 74-unit complex. The Hilltop Place Apartment fire initially started in the basement. Crews arrived on the scene at about 11:30 Thursday morning.
Green Bay Metro Fire Department Lieutenant Nick Craig said it’s an older building and stretches a block long. Chatter among displaced residents say the fire started because of a dryer. The Red Cross has established a shelter for displaced residents at Langlade Elementary School.