Many things can be brought up when it comes to figuring out what has gone wrong so far in 2013 for the Milwaukee Brewers. Though injuries can sometimes be an excuse, the fact of the matter is Milwaukee has been hurt in that department.
Tuesday, the Brewers had to put another player on the 15-DL as starting pitcher Alfredo Figora has an oblique injury. Starter Johnny Hellweg was called up from Triple-A Nashville to give Milwaukee another starting arm. Manager Ron Roenicke talks about the injury…
AUDIO: Ron Roenicke on Figaro to the DL :14 Before the game, Roenicke gave updates on many of the other injured Brewers:
- Corey Hart is said to be making no progress on his surgically repaired knee
- Ryan Braun was eligible to come off the DL Tuesday, but remains there as he is still recovering from a finger injury
- Marco Estrada was still bothered by his hamstring injury in Sunday’s rehab start with Class A Wisconsin. His rehab assignment has been shut down
- Hiram Burgos also remains on the DL after his rehab assignment was shut down following Sunday’s appearance in Nashville
- Carlos Gomez may be back in the lineup Wednesday. He suffered a should sprain in Sunday’s loss to Atlanta when he ran into the wall