Governor Scott Walker is leaving the door open for a possible presidential bid in 2016
During an appearance Sunday morning on NBC’s “Meet the Press,” the governor was once again asked whether he plans to serve out his entire second term or if he will run for president. Walker said he “has a plan to keep going for the next four years,” but he does care deeply for his state and country and will “see what the future holds.”
Still, Walker repeated that his party needs to put up somebody outside of Washington and he thinks governors “make much better presidents than members of Congress.” He again cited Janesville House Budget Chairman Paul Ryan as the only exception to that.
Last month, Walker indicated he would step aside if Ryan, the 2012 Republican vice presidential nominee, decides to run for president. Walker said Republicans need to put forth a clear message to voters in order to win in 2016.