A Green Bay elementary school is expected to reopen Thursday, after hazmat crews have finished cleaning up mercury contamination inside the building.
On Tuesday, a 5th grader brought a vial of the mercury to Lincoln Elementary School, and a group of students were found playing with it inside the building. That prompted an evacuation, and then students and staff were checked for exposure.
No students have showed any apparent effects of mercury poisoning.
The student will not be disciplined. However, her home in Green Bay has been condemned after unsafe levels of mercury were found inside.