Two young men were injured in a home explosion and fire on Madison’s west side this morning. The blast was reported around 4:45 a.m. and flames were reported in the home.
All four occupants were inside the home at the time of the blast, but when firefighters arrived they were outside the home. Lori Wirth, Madison Fire Department spokeswoman, says the two injured are men in their 20s and are the sons of the couple who own the home. The parents appear to be okay.
The explosion moved the house off its foundation, shattered windows, and blew the door and some furniture into the yards.
The cause isn’t known, but a neighbor said it could have been a gas water heater problem.