Happy NFL Draft Day!
Tonight, the 2013 NFL draft takes center stage at Radio City Music Hall in New York. The Green Bay Packers sit at the 26th spot which should put them on the clock sometime around 10:00 or 10:30 CST.
As to what the Packers could end up doing? That question will probably be hard to answer with 25-selections before Green Bay combined with the ever difficult poker face of General Manager Ted Thompson. Overall, the Packers have 8-picks, one in each round with an extra pick in the 5th round. In an ideal world, Thompson would have more choices…
AUDIO: Ted Thompson on why more picks are better :13Looking at the “Mock Drafts” around the web, everyone seems to be taking a different stance on what the Packers will do:
- Scott Wright of DraftCountdown.com has the Packers taking Florida State OLB Bjorn Werner. (Scott also has them grabbing Montee Ball in the 2nd round)
- Mike Mayock of NFL.com picked Alabama RB Eddie Lacy for the Packers at 26th
- Of the 8 experts on CBS Sports, 4-different names appear: Notre Dame TE Tyler Eifert, UNC DT Sylvester Williams, Florida SS Matt Elam and Florida State OT Menelik Watson
- Peter Schrager of Fox Sports thinks Alabama DT Jesse Williams is the guy
- Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel also has Carolina’s Sylvester Williams. His colleague, Tyler Dunne, went with UCLA DE Datone Jones.
- Pete Dougherty of the Green Bay Press Gazette puts Alabama RB Eddie Lacy in Green Bay at 26th.
The first round of the draft begins at 7:00 tonight.