The Superintendent of the Fond du Lac School District says they worked quickly to get a school bus driver removed from his route, once an exposure charge came to light. It wasn’t until later that 57-year-old William Rangel of North Fond du Lac was also accused of sexually assaulting an 8-year-old girl, who was not a student on his bus route.
District Superintendent Jim Sebert says when police notified them on September 23rd that Rangel had allegedly exposed his genitals to an elementary school student they worked quickly with Johnson Bus Service to have him removed from his driving duties.
Sebert says the district sent a letter home to the parents of about 35 students who ride Rangel’s bus, but not until after he’d been arrested last week.
Sebert says Johnson Bus Service does background checks on all its drivers and that information is shared with the district. However he says the checks can’t predict future behavior.
Rangel was charged Monday in connection with both the exposure and sexual assault allegations.
KFIZ’s Bob Nelson submitted this report